Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Process Engineering group, you’ll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. A project might call for designing new equipment, developing new materials, or even building a new factory to bring a visionary idea to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you’ll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they’ve never before imagined. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of the embedded firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for crafting and productizing state-of-the-art wireless SOCs.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Specify, design, and implement (C/C++) the firmware architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system.
Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms (C/C++)and use them for pre-silicon FW design and HW verification.
Implement key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets.
Evaluate and implement leading-edge tools for build, formal verification and test.
Define methodologies and best practice
- Experience with memory-constrained Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and concurrent programming.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high-speed communication or storage subsystems.
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
- Deep understanding of debugging embedded software systems. Familiarity with UARTs JTAG, and oscilloscopes.
- Proven experience with wireless communication principles and protocols: 3GPP, 802.11 or Bluetooth.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of software development experience:
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Fundamental facility with C and C++, compilers, build and source code control tools.
- Unix/Linux kernel development and mainstream OS application-level development experience.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required.