FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc. We are an innovative and high-performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite’s lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Buyer is responsible for various purchasing assignments requiring professional judgment and ingenuity. Procures supplies, raw materials, and equipment necessary for the operation of the organization. Checks requisitions, contacts vendors, examines bids and initiates contracts. Able to research and develop new vendor relationships.
Essential Job Functions:
Involvement with product development teams and understanding of corporate goals & objectives to drive strategic procurement decisions. Individual needs a healthy understanding of cost vs. schedule vs. performance tradeoffs and the “big picture”.
Responsible for following the SonoSite purchasing and materials handling processes. Assist with the development and maintenance of the Purchasing Systems to ensure an effective and efficient process that fits within the Quality System of SonoSite.
Negotiate Supplier contracts & suggest implement a business strategy for assigned commodities.
Take a leadership role in supplier approval and development process including participation in surveys and audits. Search for and evaluate potential suppliers, develop supplier relations and negotiate procurement contracts.
Develop and maintain suppliers who meet product quality, cost, and schedule goals.
Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system
Act as the internal technical expert on the systems integration product as well as the associated competitive landscape.
• Interface and collaborate with the technical engineering staff of supplier organizations for analysis of technical trade-offs, while understanding the impact of technology stack and impact on final product price and market positioning.
• Perform system analysis of complex technical applications.
• Define and shape the product strategy, product positioning and marketing messaging.
• Demonstrate business acumen, know/stay abreast of the latest industry trends.
• Conduct customer key opinion leader and stakeholder interviews; analyze market requirements.
• Collaborate with market-based product managers, sales, and marketing professionals to ensure market needs are understood and met, and the roadmap is clearly defined.
• Perform workflow analysis studies and document processes and workflow of hospital customers; communicate customer needs clearly in form of technical requirements.
• Participate in prospect, customer, and worldwide distributor demonstrations, conferences, strategy sessions, and product update meetings. Conduct and/or participate in product demos and assist in product training as required.
• Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, identify and problem solve; autonomously identify work effort needed for various tasks.
• Partner with the marketing leadership of the synergistic Fujifilm medical business units (endoscopy, IT, modalities) to achieve financial commitments.
• Consistently manage and report on the product road-map.
• Help educate the Fujifilm organization on what Systems Integration is and how it benefits the various Fujifilm business units; in turn, educate customers on FujiFilm’s capabilities.
• Assist in RFI/RFP responses in a timely and quality fashion, working with professional RFP staff as well as sales teams, to deliver a high win rate.
• Provide competitive feedback and market intelligence to Fujifilm staff across the globe.
• Collaborate with marketing professionals to develop, review, and deliver System Integration value messages in collateral and other marketing channels.
• Assist business development staff in the development of new market channels and determination of their unique product requirements.
3 years of purchasing experience.
Knowledge of FDA and other regulatory compliance issues.
Experience in procurement of electro-mechanical assembly related material: PCBs, ASICs, electrical components, connectors, etc. Also, experience with the procurement of a wide range of facility equipment, MRO items, etc.
Experience with MRP systems and the interactions with BOMs and configuration management issues.
BA/BS a plus.
Experience with Oracle.
Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, planning, and problem-solving skills.
Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, internet, etc.).
Strong negotiating skills.
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.