FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc. We are an innovative and high-performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite’s lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Senior Manufacturing Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all manufacturing equipment and supporting equipment used in Transducer Manufacturing. This individual will independently perform and/or support the maintenance function in a proactive manner in all facets of the department. The Senior Maintenance Technician will work closely with other internal departments to ensure that maintenance activities are performed in alignment with production schedules. This person will, as needed, also coordinate work is done by subcontractors and other key vendors to support Transducer Manufacturing as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
Perform and/or coordinate planned and unplanned maintenance and repairs of precision dicing saws
Provide technical support for all processes and equipment used in the manufacturing of ultrasound transducers.
Install and/or oversee the installation and commissioning of new equipment. Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all new and existing production and production support equipment.
Coordinate third-party maintenance and support activities
Maintaining calibration and preventative maintenance schedule and coordinating with equipment owners to ensure compliance
Work with engineering staff to provide unique solutions to equipment and process issues.
Executes Preventative Maintenance, as well as general troubleshooting and repairing the machines while adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
Operational knowledge of all equipment used for the transducer manufacturing process
Train manufacturing personnel on basic troubleshooting and preventative maintenance and equipment use
Participate in discussions for new processes and capital expense equipment based on best practices and ease of use
Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system
Ensure safety policies and procedures for performing maintenance activities are in place and comply with all State and Federal requirements. Follow all building code requirements.
Maintain a safe, clean, and secure work area
Support 5S, lean and continuous improvement activities
Maintain inventory of key replacement parts
Act as the internal technical expert on the systems integration product as well as the associated competitive landscape.
• Interface and collaborate with the technical engineering staff of supplier organizations for analysis of technical trade-offs, while understanding the impact of technology stack and impact on final product price and market positioning.
• Perform system analysis of complex technical applications.
• Define and shape the product strategy, product positioning and marketing messaging.
• Demonstrate business acumen, know/stay abreast of the latest industry trends.
• Conduct customer key opinion leader and stakeholder interviews; analyze market requirements.
• Collaborate with market-based product managers, sales, and marketing professionals to ensure market needs are understood and met, and the roadmap is clearly defined.
• Perform workflow analysis studies and document processes and workflow of hospital customers; communicate customer needs clearly in form of technical requirements.
• Participate in prospect, customer, and worldwide distributor demonstrations, conferences, strategy sessions, and product update meetings. Conduct and/or participate in product demos and assist in product training as required.
• Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, identify and problem solve; autonomously identify work effort needed for various tasks.
• Partner with the marketing leadership of the synergistic Fujifilm medical business units (endoscopy, IT, modalities) to achieve financial commitments.
• Consistently manage and report on the product road-map.
• Help educate the Fujifilm organization on what Systems Integration is and how it benefits the various Fujifilm business units; in turn, educate customers on FujiFilm’s capabilities.
• Assist in RFI/RFP responses in a timely and quality fashion, working with professional RFP staff as well as sales teams, to deliver a high win rate.
• Provide competitive feedback and market intelligence to Fujifilm staff across the globe.
• Collaborate with marketing professionals to develop, review, and deliver System Integration value messages in collateral and other marketing channels.
• Assist business development staff in the development of new market channels and determination of their unique product requirements.
3-5 years of recent experience as a Maintenance Technician in manufacturing and/or lab environment.
Both electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience is required.
Knowledge of precision dicing saws or comparable equipment a plus
Experience in transducer manufacturing processes is a plus
Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office
Experience working in the medical device industry (ISO, GMP, FDA, QSR, etc).
Ability to work independently under general supervision.
Able to lift 25 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. occasionally with or without accommodations.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Comfortable standing, bending, shifting, and lifting for 8+hours